Wednesday, February 4, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

Here it goes...

1. I have never been tagged at anything- blog, facebook, etc. I didn't think I really wanted to be but this is kind of fun. I actually got tagged on facebook twice before I got it done... And now tagged again here!

2. I claim to be an organized person--but can never seem to keep track of the things I am constantly using or carrying with me. Like my keys, phone & chapstick. At least once a day a massive search is needed for my phone. 

3. I have a chapstick velcro-ed to the back of my headboard. Right above my head so I can always find it, even in the middle of the night. I think the only chapsticks I have used completely gone without loosing have been the ones velcro-ed to the headboard.

4. I am seriously tone deaf. My singing teacher kicked me out of singing lessons because I couldn't sing the notes she played on the piano. I don't let that stop me, Ellie and I still sing & make up songs all day.

5. I wish I could sing... Always wished I could sing & dance.

6. I am the oldest and my dad has always been a big hunter. Therefore, I was his hunting companion until my little brother came along and now he doesn't take me anymore. I never claimed to be that good at it. But do take pride in the fact that I shot an antelope!!

7. I had that antelope head stuffed and it hung in my apartment in college. It could be seen from outside & we had many people stop and ask whose it was. Many guys stopped by to admire. A couple even wanted pictures of my with it.... I was always embarrassed but my roommates never complained!!

8. I love flying! I am constantly in awe as the plane takes off that a huge chunk of metal with so many bodies and suitcases can lift itself into the air. I've been flying enough to probably be over this by now but each time I still manage to have a giant smile & little giggle...

9. I don't claim to be a world traveler but wish I was... Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and the Mexican Riviera twice seem to be a good start. 

10. I would love to go to Australia, Venezuela, Italy & London. Maybe someday!!

11. I have problems making decisions... especially the little ones that don't really matter. Like what to make for dinner is extremely difficult. I usually sit down at the beginning of the month and make a calendar of meals for everyday of the month. It makes me happy each day knowing I already decided what's for dinner! :)

12. I never follow celebrities, politics or even the news.... Wade has to come home and tell me if something important or big happened.

13. I stress... I don't usually think I live a super stressed out life but maybe I do. Wade has a term-- "million mile per hour mode". It's pretty accurate....

14. I don't claim to be a crafty person. I enjoy decorating and making our house look nice but hate sewing, making crafts, etc. I am trying to make myself like scrapbooking and it's been rough. 

15. I hate having wet hair. Sleeping with wet hair is particularly horrible.

16. I get very chatty at night when I go to bed. Wade tries to read a book or go to sleep and I always have SO much I want to tell him. I'm sure it makes him crazy!! I believe it's related to "million mile a hour mode"- Once I finally lay down & hold still it's still impossible to turn my brain off. 

17. But because I can't turn my brain off at bedtime, that is also my best "think time". Many speech lessons for work were planned after I was in bed, written in the dark on a notebook, deciphered when the alarm went off because I can never remember and delivered by 8 am. And these were usually my best lessons! 

18. I am a list person... Many of these lists are also written on the notebook by the side of my bed in the dark. 

19. I have no memory. It's sad-- I have very few childhood memories. I am pretty good remembering names but past events are a struggle. 

20. My parents bought me a white Jeep Wrangler when I turned 16. Lifted with big tires...and no doors or top most of the summer. I felt cool and loved that car! I am sure I certain friends (mostly guys) just because they liked my car. Now I wonder what were my parents thinking? Ellie will drive something very normal, not an attention-grabber car. 

21. My dad had a Jeep when my parents got married. When they had me they bolted my carseat to the floor between the seats. They say I loved it! And that I loved having my blonde hair blow in the wind. Then they decided that wasn't very safe for a child & sold it. Pretty sure that was my dad reliving the glory days when he bought me my Jeep. 

21. I wanted to be a doctor when I grew up... A pediatrician. But realized as a got older that I wanted to be a mom more and it was going to be hard to do both. 

22. I hate toenails... Mine, Wade's, and Ellie's... I try to always have mine painted.

23. I am terribly impatient with my hair. The first day that I try to do it and doesn't work- I get it cut. I'd like to grow it out. But just can't do it!

24. With 2 herniated discs and Rhuematiod Arthritis, my body is older than 25. I worry about what problems my body will have when I really do get old-- or maybe I'm just getting out all the old person problems now & I'll be superwoman when I'm 60! 

25. I married someone who loves skiiing & backpacking... I don't do either. I never even really camped growing up. I am willing to try skiing but it's expensive. As for the backpacking-- i'd love to do it but since my body is old I think I'd be miserable. I have become quite a fan of car camping, thanks to Wade! 

3 comments:

Cameron/Melissa said...

love the list,learned a lot. i am typing while nursing so sorry it isn't perfect.

Tine said...

that was so fun to read. it was a very accurate list for you and i can't believe how much it reminded me of rooming with you in college. loved it!

Claire said...

very fun to read! I didn't know about the toenail thing! :) I'll be sure to cover my toes when the warm days come :)