Help.... I am having a dilemma- I am buying a jogging stroller and I don't know if I want one with a fixed wheel in front or a swivel wheel that can lock. Pushing a fixed wheel one feels awkward but I think it's better for jogging and rollerblading. A fixed wheel would probably be a smoother ride, too. But it just seems hard to steer.
Here are two I'm considering.... The first one has a fixed wheel. While the other one has a swivel wheel that can lock in place. Please let me know what you have & what you think! Thanks!!

6 comments:
I didn't like the fixed wheel. It might be better for running but it is hard to move anywhere for me when I was just walking. Mine was old so I don't know. My suggestion is try them out. Get Ellie and another kid and put them both in the stroller and try walking around the store. When I just had Ashling in it was fine but with both of them in it was hard to steer anywhere. I have never tried the other kind of wheel and mine was old and the rims were broken so we threw it away.... I still am sad not to have it.
I have never tried a swivel wheel but used a double jogger with a fixed wheel EVERY day when I was nanny for the twins and loved it. Never had a problem and never thought it was any harder to steer or maneuver than any other stroller. I used it for running, jogging, walking, and then normal use just walking around a store of the mall. But like I said I've never tried the other:) Good luck!
I wish I had some advice for you. Maybe one day I will have to call you and see what ended up working the best. Good Luck!
So I have no advice for strollers. I was just really excited to find you on this blogging world we now have. I am not good at updating mine but at least I can stay in contact. It looks like everything is going well for y'all. I actually do like GA. I am ready for a trip to come home next month. Wade my mom told me no more UST. So catch me up what is going on. I love all three of you. Hello Ellie is so big. Time really does go by fast when you are having fun. Love you
Collette Haws
I just got a new jogging stroller for mothers day. Originally I was just going to get one with a fixed in place front wheel but when we went to try them out I totally changed my mind. I ended up getting one that swivels but that you can lock in place and I love it. When I am just walking it is so nice to have the swivel because it is much easier to steer and when I start jogging I just lock the front wheel in place. So yeah, I'm a huge fan of the swivel front wheel!!
So I read someone else's blog and they have a jogging stroller that has a wheel that locks for running and unlocks for shopping. That would be the best of both worlds. I don't know what kind it is though.
Post a Comment