Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Daddy's Girl!

Ellie loves her dad.  She loves playing with him!  She woke up this morning calling for 'Daddy'.  When I went in there she looked truly disappointed.  And this is how the conversation went:
Ellie: "Where's Daddy?"
Mom: "Where do you think?"
Ellie: "In bed, sleeping?"
Mom: "Nope."
Ellie: "Downstairs?"
Mom: "Nope."
Ellie: "Hiding from me?"
Mom: Sorry baby, but Daddy had to go to work today."
Ellie: "No I NEED him!" (in the saddest crying voice)

This is a typical conversation for us to have in the morning. I love when I can tell her yes daddy is still in bed or downstairs.  I feel bad every morning that I have to tell her he's at work.  
Some of the other things she's been known to say are "No me like you, just Daddy" or "Daddy's my favorite".  
Here are some cute pictures of Ellie & Wade.  I am so grateful that they adore each other & that Wade is so wonderful with her. 

I know it's early but --- 
Happy Father's Day Wade!


This is one of their favorites-- "Spider Ellie"  You can imagine the song Wade sings, "Spider Ellie, Spider Ellie- Does whatever a spider girl does..." 

1 comment:

Ash said...

haha, oh my gosh! I love your family and I love Spider Ellie. :) I just started my own blog in case you're interested! Haha, I don't have the cutest daughter ever though to post pictures of!