Monday, February 28, 2011

Carter & Eating

Carter loves to eat! We have yet found something he doesn't like. And he is never full! If someone in the house is eating, he thinks he must be too! All the signs he knows (eat, drink, more, please, cereal, banana, milk) are associated with food. If he wants more he is usually polite & says please but can hyperventilate if he has to wait! A couple days ago he went searching in the diaper bag for food. He found a container of applesauce & a spoon. He was trying to feed himself but a little confused because the lid was on. He brought them both to me to help. I decided it's time he start to learn to feed himself with a spoon. So here's his story...
"Wow look at me! I'm a big boy! (giggle, giggle) I can feed myself!"
"Hmm.. this is harder than I though. Thanks for helping me, Mom!"
"I give up. This is way too slow! Lets just see if I can get it faster this way."

"I have a lot to learn but I am so proud of myself!"

1 comment:

Claire said...

Too Too Cute! I cannot believe he's going to be one!!! So crazy! Ahh...I love that he went in search of food and hyperventilates when he's wanting food. What a B.O.Y.! Love you much and miss you. We should skype so we can show off our big boys! :)