Monday, September 8, 2008

Summer Recap

Hi!  We're alive!  I know you've probably been regularly checking our blog just to find the same silly video of Ellie, wondering to yourself why we never post new things. It's because I'm a slacker...and I don't feel like I can just pick up where we are in life without going backwards first. And the longer I wait the more backwards I have to go. So here is my attempt at recapping our fun but busy summer.

Ellie rode a pony for her first time at Draper Days.  She wasn't scared at all and still talks about her pony "Rocky".

Ellie takes after her daddy and should have been born in Cali. She loves In-N-Out!  And I'm sure you love seeing the burger hanging out of her mouth...  Hurray In-N-Out is coming to Utah!!
We had lots of fun in California.  We got to see all the family-- except Grandma Sue and Papa were still in Alaska.  It was weird to visit without them.  Ellie loved playing with her cousins!!

We went to Sea World while in California. We had a blast!  Ellie loved seeing all the animals and the shows!  I loved feeding the dolphins! And Wade's favorite part was probably seeing Ellie and I get so excited about it all! Ellie still loves talking about Shamu and how she splashed us.



We hung out at the beach.  Ellie loved splashing in the water.  And I'm embarrassed to say I went all the way to California to go to the beach and then was too chicken to get in the water because it was very cold, overcast and windy. 


Here come some random pictures but I thought they were fun and cute!

Ellie's favorite thing to do when we go grocery shopping is get ice cream.  And now she asks everytime we go!
She loved eating smore's up the canyon! 
We met a llama-- at the farm at Thanksgiving Point. Right after this picture was taken it stuck it's nose practically in Ellie's ear.  She did not like that much!

Ellie got a new hat.  Wade's been saying I should wear one like this but can't find a cute one.  So when I saw such a cute one for Ellie I just had to get it.  I wish it was my size!

We tried to go camping again!  We had fun during the day.  And Ellie went to sleep perfect!  We thought we had it all figured out. Until she woke up at 2-ish and didn't go back to sleep. Finally about 5:30 we packed up in the dark and drove home.  We literally threw our stuff in the car, drove home, and crashed until noon!  We then pulled out our cooler, made eggs and bacon for breakfast and relaxed all day. Overall, still turned out to be a good day.  Needless to say, it'll be interesting to see if we attempt camping again next summer.


We went bowling for family day on Labor Day.  It was fun! 
We made Mickey-Mouse pancakes for Ellie on Labor Day. She loved it and didn't want to eat it. She just about cried when I cut him so she could eat it. 
We went boating as a family-- we had fun in the sun, for one last time this summer! Ellie loved driving the boat and wanted to push all the levers. She didn't like the water much this time, though.
And Wade did awesome on the wakeboard!  Way to go good-lookin'! This was his first attempt at boarding this summer and he did great!

All right... my hands are tired from typing! And I'm sure you are tired of this everlasting post.  But now at least you have a taste of what we've been doing this summer. 

2 comments:

Cameron/Melissa said...

Sounds like a fun summer! Glad to see you guys are blogging again. I am sorry that camping wasn't more fun but it will get there as Ellie gets a little older. I think she is just too comfortable in her crib. If her crib is half as as your guest bed then I understand why she wakes up and doesn't want to go back to sleep without it.

LafeNLacy said...

That hat is too cute! Well, almost as cute as Ellie. Not photogenic at all, is she?